Wednesday 17 February 2010

Rip Off Great Britain

I spent most of Monday sounding like a tabloid headline. I took wifey and the nippers to London for a few days. We stayed at my Uncle's flat (still washing the fag smoke out of the clothes) and tubed in to the centre each day to see the sights. My headline here refers to the cost of lunch on Sunday. To be fair, it was on Whitehall at a place called Churchills, you could see Horseguards Parade to one side and Westminster to the other. But is that ANY excuse to charge £4 for bowl of chips???? Probably.

And then Stumbleupon gave me this - a wiki posting of hundreds of mad playable card decks. I spent a number of years playing a card game called Magic: The Gathering (they're still going strong) so find myself drawn to this sort of thing. My current favourite here (out of the quarter I've been through) is Mornington Crescent, and how I smiled each day this week as we went through that station and heard it being announced.

Enjoy!

http://www.dvorakgame.co.uk/index.php/Category:Playable_decks

2 comments: