Saturday 30 January 2010

Cute thoughtful game

Help!!! Heeeeeeelllllppppppp!!!!! My Mother announced she was coming to stay with us. We haven't seen her in two years despite her repeated trips back to the UK, so it was a bit if a shocker to get a phone call mid-week - "We're coming up, can we stay with you Friday?"
One very clean house later, they duly arrive, only to announce that they are staying for the whole weekend. Gaahhhh! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllppppppppppp!!!!!

Which is why I find myself hiding away playing on Stumbleupon and blogging (actually, they've gone to bed - our bloody bed - so I don't feel so guilty - wifey and I on camp beds in the front room).

So, games. I probably play too many games, and always enjoy a new a thoughtful one when it comes along. Sprout is just such a game, akin to the Grow series of games that required certain environmental factors to be turned on in the right sequence. Sprout takes a few turns to get right, but rewards you at the end with a short animation, and is fun to play. It only took five minutes to complete.
Enjoy!

http://www.smart-kit.com/games/sprout/

2 comments:

  1. Curses! I keep getting bounced back by the rock in the stream near the end.

    The look of the thing is lovely though, very "Noggin the Nog".

    (The struggle continues...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, annoying that. You have to work out how to jump over the stream not go through it.
    The whole look is reminiscent of kids TV from my childhood years, but nostalgia aside the kids TV now is much much better - well acted, well made, great stories & scripts, modern CGI and animation for the 'cartoon' shows. Magic Roundabout was crap really.
    It's just that it was my crap.

    ReplyDelete